Summers are quite challenging as the scorching heat affects us in a thousand ways. The harsh UV rays breach the protection and damage hair health, making them look dry and damaged. To protect the natural shield of your hair you need to follow a proper hair care routine. So, you can look and stay fresh as a daisy all day long.
It’s a troublesome worry to manage your hair issues, especially during the summer season. To find a perfect balance for maintaining a healthy hair care routine, the first step should be the identification of the problem.
How Does Summer Affect Your Hair?
A warm breeze comes along with bad hair days. When you expose your head to a hot and humid climate, you start to experience various hair problems. Let’s find out what you can do to manage to protect your hair from damage
- Frizzy hair – Everyone wants to have sleek and straight hair but we always end up with an inescapable problem like frizziness. It’s a problem that visits a lot more during the summer heat and humidity. Must try this Garnier Oil for frizzy hair.
- Greasy scalp – Most of us have already accepted this unwanted problem as a parcel of summer’s package. Baking your head outside in the crazy days of summer can leave the hair with a sweaty and greasy scalp.
- Damaged hair – Staying too long under the direct sun can damage your cuticles which leads to hair breakages like split ends and whatnot. Heat styling, sweat, excessive hair wash, and the list goes on, and rolling out from these hazy days of summer has become a task.
When blistering sun wraps you around with a warm breeze and high humidity, it chokes you with problems like dull and lifeless hair. Plus, It’s a rare and knowing fact that the sun is a specialist (especially in summer) in breaking healthy relationships with your hair.
Here are some other factors that can affect the health of your hair
- Chlorine – We like to spend time in swimming pools a little too often in summers. Between those fun and good times, we forget that chlorine affects our hair health and leaves them stranded. It weakens your hair and makes them dry which can cause split ends and breakage.
- Soaks humidity – When you tend to spend more time in the summer and your hair soaks up extra humidity from the air, it makes your hair dry and frizzy. The UV rays swell the hair shaft and damage the cuticles which can worsen the condition of your hair.
How To Fix your Hair Care Routine
From using Vitamin E capsules for hair and using other vitamins for hair growth. Here are some simple day-to-day tricks you must follow to improve your hair condition.
- Cover your Hair – Staying too long in sun can burn your scalp and it is necessary you must shield your scalp and strands from the sun to protect them from the scorching heat. To keep the strands breathing, choose a cotton scarf that can absorb moisture and sweat, and headwear with ventilation holes.
- Avoid Regular Hair Wash – Summer brings with it a lot of sweating and a bad odour on the scalp. As a result, you should wash your hair at least twice a week. It will effectively help with the removal of oil, sweat, and odour. You must also avoid tying your hair in a tight bun or ponytail. Braids, sloppy buns, and natural curls, on the other hand, will help your scalp to breathe.
- Avoid Styling Tools – Using styling tools increases your hair breakage. Straighteners, curling irons, and blow dryers will leave your hair frizzy and lifeless. Plus, the outside heat is already damaging your hair, it would be better if you avoid the use of style products and tools.
- Use Hair Masks – If you want to tame the frizz and get rid of dryness, a hair mask is also a good solution. It helps in locking the moisture and it is good for the scalp too. Using hair masks can help to deal with a number of hair problems that people face in summer.
- Oiling is important – Skip oiling this summer? You must think twice. It is one of the most common mistakes people make when it comes to hair care in the summer. Hair oil, such as coconut or olive oil, can help to promote hair growth and circulation.
- Use hair serums – Yes! There are hair care products that protect your strands from the harmful sun’s rays. They’re infused with SPF to keep your locks moisturized and prevent breakage.
- Shampoo and conditioner – We already know that summer heat dries out our hair, so we need items to help us keep the moisture level in our hair at a healthy level. It’s better to invest in a moisturizing shampoo and hair conditioner in your bathroom. You should also make sure that the hair care products you use don’t contain harsh chemicals like mineral oil, SLS, or paraben, which can do more harm than good to your hair. Vegan, non-toxic, and natural shampoos and conditioners are widely available these days.
Some natural ingredients can help in fixing hair problems
If you are facing various hair issues, your diet might be a concern for you. Maybe you are not taking adequate amounts of nutrients in your regular diet.
Here is the list of important nutrients that you should add because it starts with what you eat:
- Biotin – Taking biotin for your hair is like a magic ingredient. You must add this amazing nutrient to your hair care routine. The good news is you can easily add biotin to your diet by using biotin-rich products. Using biotin tablets or products can thicken hair, increase fullness, and add shine. One can try Gorgeous Hair and Nails Gummies by Power Gummies. This product is really helpful in improving the body’s keratin infrastructure, leading to strong hair. Above all, these gummies are easy to consume with 0 hustle. Along with this, you can also add biotin-rich foods like oats, milk, carrots, spinach, apple, etc.
- Iron – If you are low on Iron this can also become one of the major reasons for your hair issues. Eating iron-enriched foods and using vitamin supplements can help you to manage iron deficiency in your body.
- Zinc – Our body needs support and we should take care of it too. Zinc helps in making proteins and you can also take them in the form of supplements. There are various options available like multivitamins tablets, and so much more. You can also fill your deficiency with nutritional gummies too and hair growth gummies by Power Gummies are a nice product to fix your hair problems.
- Vitamin C – The deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to dry hair and split ends. When you start taking vitamins on a regular basis it helps strengthen the hair roots. It is better to add this essential vitamin to your diet to reduce your hair damage.
To fix your hair problems in the scorching heat, avoid exposure to the sun and add all the essential nutrients to your life. The summer season can cause havoc to your hair health if you don’t protect them from blazing hot days.