Soft skills for business which you need to know right now! It is very important for you to understand that these skills are for life!
Hard skills get you hired, but lack of soft skills gets you fired.
You may have come across the business terms hard skills and soft skills often. But what exactly are they? And what’s the difference?
These are easily identifiable. Hard skills can be learnt or taught. Your degrees, diplomas and certifications are proof of your proficiency in a hard skill. The hard skill that you are good at can often be your career choice.
Examples – degrees/diplomas/certificates, programming, language proficiency, marketing, photography, software knowledge etc.
Soft skills are interpersonal skills. No matter what field you get into professionally, you need to possess soft skills to get ahead. These aren’t that easily detected. That doesn’t mean they are very important.
Examples – Communication, time management, leadership skills, teamwork, EQ etc.
We are further going to discuss a few soft skills that are essential for business.
- TIME MANAGEMENT –
It goes hand in hand with productivity. If you were able to give more results in less time that means you are more efficient. If you are able to fight procrastination and get things done on time, I salute you!
- BODY LANGUAGE –
Communication is not just verbal. We can say not a lot more by our actions than we do by words. Your body language can make or break your impression. For example, it would be a good idea to maintain eye contact have a good posture to come off as confident.
- NEGOTIATION OR CONFLICT RESOLUTION –Ideally, you should be able to see a situation from more than one point of view. Every business person has to negotiate with clients and employees. You must be able to create a win-win situation so that everybody is happy.
- COMMUNICATION –This includes speaking, writing and non-verbal communication. When it comes to business goals, great communicators can achieve them easily. You should be able to clearly express your needs while being persuasive and friendly.
- ABILITY TO TAKE CRITICISM –You should be ready to accept all sorts of feedback on your work whether it’s good, or not so good. Constructive criticism is how we learn about our strengths and get a chance to improve our weak areas. Do not immediately get defensive when you get criticized. Try to understand what could have been done better instead.
- DECISION MAKING –Smart decisions can take a company to great heights. On the other hand, a series of wrong decisions can be the cause of its downfall. Good decision-making skills ensure optimal usage of the company’s resources and keep the team motivated. It is not only important to make the right decisions but it is also important to take the right decision at the right time.
- TEAMWORK –No person is perfect in everything. But there can be a group of people where each individual brings his/her own strengths to the table, and together they can achieve amazing things. This is why teamwork is important.
- LEADERSHIP –There is a reason why people at high-level leadership positions receive a bigger paycheck. It is true that when the company does well the leader enjoys the benefits, but when something wrong happens the leader has to take full responsibility.
- THINKING OUT OF THE BOX –In a business, there are bound to be problems. Sometimes times the conventional solution does not work and you don’t have enough time to consult other people. That’s why coming up with creative solutions is important.
- FLEXIBILITY –The same working conditions don’t work for everybody. Hence flexibility is crucial to bring the best out of everyone.
Some of the books help you in building oft skills, you need to buy NOW on Amazon.