How To Increase Immune System and protect yourself in COVID by boosting immunity with proper diet, workout, and effective sleep.
The entire world is facing the COVID-19 pandemic, and social distancing has become a norm. As the number of infected cases in India continues to rise, we’re no longer sure what the new normal will look like.
So, while we wait for a COVID-19 vaccine, the only thing we can do to protect ourselves is to boost our immune system. I say this because our immune system is responsible for helping us fight diseases and infections.
And although we are born with innate immunity, the kind of lifestyle we live can have a major impact on our immunity.
A few changes in our lifestyle, diet, and exercise routine can boost the immune system and ensure we stay healthy.
You will find a lot of tips on How To Increase Immune System online but the ones we have will are the most effective.
1. Do Pranayama and other breathing exercises
Pranayama, a very common yoga practice, is a great way to increase immunity and it has many other benefits as well. Doing the pranayama regularly helps reduce stress, improve the quality of your sleep, and aid your digestive system. And the best part is that you can do Pranayama anywhere and that too very easily.
Pranayama is a breathing exercise and when you’re doing it, you need to sit in a proper posture with your back straight. Doing it in your garden or park is even better because you can have fresh air. Doing it is easy, you need to take a deep breath and hold for as long as you can. Once you can’t hold any longer, you can exhale and hold for a little while before inhaling again.
To get the best results, you need to do the Pranayama for 15 minutes in the mornings and evenings. It is recommended that you practice this exercise when you’re on an empty stomach but you can also do it an hour after your meal.
You can watch tutorials of other breathing exercises online and make them a part of your daily routine.
Nasal Steamer for cough, cold & sinus-
How To Be A Fitness Freak From A Couch Potato
2. Make your diet healthier
A great way of boosting your immune system is including rich & healthy components in your meals.
- Tulsi – In India, Tulsi has been worshipped from ancient times. Adding a little bit of tulsi to water or milk helps our body in fighting with the germs. Tulsi is a must for anyone suffering from cold, cough, fever, or digestion problems.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is another herb that enhances our immune system and helps fight against bacteria. Adding a pinch of turmeric in hot milk at night and drinking is an effective way of increasing immunity.
- Dry fruits – Including dry fruits like almonds, raisins, cashews, and pistachios, is a must if you want your body to have better immunity. Dry fruits are rich in Vitamin E & help fight against sicknesses. Dipping dry fruits in water overnight and having them in the morning on an empty stomach is a great way to include them in your diet.
- Pulses – Pulses are rich in proteins and contain fibre and vitamins B1, B2. Having pulses regularly is good for your health.
- Citrus fruits – Having fruits rich in Vitamin C is one of the best ways to increase immunity.
There are many more foods that are great for your immune system such as wheat germ, milk products (curds, cheese), garlic, ginger, etc. Adding them to your diet can help your body develop immunity.
Make food with less oil-
Antioxidant-Rich Foods For A Healthy Diet
3. Have a sound sleep
Sleeping 6 to 8 hours every night is essential as it helps rebuild & replenish your immune system. Having a sound sleep can also make you stress-free and lift your mood. So, sleeping until your body’s fully rested is a must!
Doing a few minor changes to your lifestyle can help you boost your immunity more than any other supplement. So, be sure to eat healthily, exercise regularly, sleep soundly and most of all, stay safe.
What you can track gets better! Sleep tracker watch-
We hope you found this How To Increase Immune System list helpful and if there’s anything you want to add, please comment below to let me know!