Most of us love travelling. During our calm vacation period in the months of December & January, it becomes an ideal time to explore. So here are 25 best places to visit in India In December-
- Agra: The picturesque beauty of the mausoleum, The Taj Mahal is an undeniable beauty of Agra. An ideal destination for Honeymoon as well as a family outing.
- Puri: The pristine beach of Puri is a beautiful December destination.
With celsius dropping to bearable limits, you are sure to enjoy the day spent there.
- Wayanad, Kerala: With temperature ranging between 15-25 degree Centigrade during December, this place is an ideal holiday destination. Popular places to visit are Eddakal caves, mountain viewpoints, Bandipur tiger reserve.
- White Rann, Kutch: Ideal time to visit this place between December-March. The colours of Gujarat prevails in the Rann festival. You will surely enjoy the ravishing beauty of the culture of Gujarat displayed in white Rann markets and folk dances.
- Nainital: If you like snow, then December is the best time to visit Nainital. You can also go for mountain trekking and wildlife sighting at Corbett.
- Kanyakumari: The tip of our nation this place is the hottest tourist destination during December. You can visit the beach, Gandhi memorial and rock statues as well.
- Pahalgam: An ideal place to experience first snowfall of your life if you haven’t experienced yet. You can’t resist clicking pictures of scenic beauty. You can go for ice skiing, mountain trekking or simply wander around the snow-covered roads to experience its beauty!
- Srinagar: An ideal tourist destination. It has the most welcoming locals. The irresistible Tulip gardens and Mughal Gardens are a must-visit. Dal Lake, Shankaracharya Temple, Pari Mahal should also be visited too.
- Ooty: A popular hill station of Tamilnadu. Nilgiri mountain railways and Pykara lakes and falls are a must-visit in this place and one of the most recommended places to visit in India in December.
- Coonoor: The place offers amazing views of the Nilgiri hills with
green tea plantations and gushing waterfalls.
It is mostly visited during the months of October to March.
- Vishakapatnam: If you can’t stand cold weather and want a geeky vacation then you can go for Vizag this December. It has VISHAK steel plant around largest bauxite reserves, DRDO’S lab and Eastern NAVAL’S HQ
- Delhi: Bring out your patriotic sheen and head for Delhi this December! It has many destinations yo visit like Rajpath, The Red Fort, Jama masjid.
- Jaipur: The land of kings and palaces! Royally plan a December vacation. With many palaces and forts to visit, it is going to give you an excellent experience.
- Varanasi: The holy land. With devotion and gratitude present on its soil this place is an ideal destination for people wanting soul retreat!
- Manali: Ideal place for going trekking and mountain climbing! temples and Manali Sanctuary are a must-visit here.
- Coorg: With various waterfalls and mesmerize mountain points, it is a must-visit at least once in a lifetime.
- Kolkata: Not a hill station but the extravaganza during Christmas in this city is sure to amaze and mesmerize you! With lights all around the streets, you are surely going to enjoy it during December.
- Goa: known for its pristine beaches and coconut water! Being a coastal region, it generally has bearable weather conditions during December.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: A place famous for Neil, Ross islands. History books are incomplete without the mention of cellular jail in Port Blair. Temperature conditions are moderate in this month here. Night kayaking is very famous there and one should try it.
- Lakshadweep island: famous for it’s coral and fish hatchery. You should plan a visit for enjoying wonderful sights of untouched and undisturbed coral reefs of this area.
- Khajuraho: Famous for open-minded temples with nudity sculptures. This place is explained amazingly what exactly art is!
- Kerala: God’s own country which, is famous for pristine backwaters or lagoons. You can also head towards Wayanad, Kochi and Kollam from here.
- Assam: Famous for Kaziranga National park. However, it has lots more to visit like North Cachar hills, Barack valleys,
- Meghalaya: A region in the Northeast. Famous for the waterfall, hill points and Umiam lake
- Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh: A place filled with monasteries and colourful flags around the streets. This also offers a view of the mighty Himalayan ranges.
This place is recommended for people who like adventure and are travelling enthusiasts.