Brown rice benefits you and you can add in your diet for weight loss without any exercise or strict diet plan.
Rice is one of the most frequently consumed food item in India. There are different kinds of rice; white rice and brown rice are the most popular kinds of rice in India.
Compared to white rice, brown rice is not as well-known to the common populace.
In this article, we will talk about the nutrition value of brown rice, the benefits it provides and how it is helpful for weight loss.
- Nutritional Value of Brown Rice
It is extremely nutritious for your health. They are low in fat, high in fibre and are gluten-free. It has 216 calories per cup, as compared to white rice which has 151 calories per cup.
Brown rice contains B Vitamins, iron, magnesium and selenium. Selenium helps in regulating the thyroid gland and boosting the immune system.
2. Benefits of Brown Rice
• Helps in controlling diabetes. It has a low glycemic index which helps in reducing the surges of insulin and helps in the stabilisation of sugar levels in the bloodstream.
• It is abundant in gamma-aminobutyric acid. This acid aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative complications which are often found in Alzheimer’s disease.
• Consumption of brown rice during lactation helps in lowering stress and increasing the immune system of the body.
• Helps in improving the function of the digestive system of the body.
• Brown rice helps to reduce the cholesterol level.
• Prevent the formation of blood clots.
• Helps to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, stroke and type-2 diabetes.
• Improves the metabolism of the brain. This leads to improved functioning of the brain and the nervous system.
• It has anti-depression properties. It is helpful for people with anxiety disorders.
• Natural source of the sleep hormone melatonin. This helps in curing insomnia.
• Brown rice, which is rich in magnesium, is extremely beneficial to strengthen the bones of the body.
• The vitamins and minerals in the brown rice aids in boosting the immunity system of the body.
3.Brown Rice and Weight Loss
It is extremely beneficial for people combating obesity and contains manganese which helps in synthesising body fats. Brown rice is low-energy-density food which means that it is high in nutrition but low in fat and provides you with energy but not fats.
It contains resistant starch which is a healthy carb that boosts metabolism while burning the fats from the body.
Brown rice is extremely beneficial to the body, helps in preventing diseases and boosts our body. It is a must-have in our daily consumption of food.
Still not convinced?
– Written by Aaghna (Intern at BOLDBLUSH)
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE for the amazing content so that you will be notified whenever I put up a new post.