Your personality and well being is a summation of your choices, past experiences, emotional abilities,social impact.
There are instances where we tend to become more comfortable around someone or at some places specifically.
Our voices become more confident and our thoughts start rushing inside our minds just as we enter a certain place. We suddenly start feeling more confident and positive just by the aura of that surroundings.
Why this happens?
Well because believe it or not the choices which you make today are the collective bunch of minute decisions which you have taken in the past in response to your social & personal environment.
There are tonnes of factors for instance:
* Which makes you feel claustrophobic in a certain space while it can be warm and comfortable for a certain set of individuals.
* A particular shade which makes you uneasy and uncomfortable.
* A daunting smell like of petrol or nail paint which can be a pleasure for someone and hellish for others like me!
* Mattresses and pillows which can be a thorn bed for someone while a cosy cot for others.
* someone is hooked to jazz while others prefer EDM.
These instances are not formed within minutes or even in a day. These are a result of continuous choices for a particular thing which makes your decision concrete for that thing.
These traits are a result of your
* social factor.
* Family & friends.
Identifying and knowing your biases for something is very useful for your productivity.
You should be able to identify your comfort zone that makes you work quicker and smarter.
There is no harm in favouring certain conditions of the environment for your productivity as I said earlier you are not doing it intentionally.
Here are certain examples which will help you understand it in a better manner.
*If you prefer working in a clean workplace then you should always stand by it and never compromise with it. Try to work in a cleaner workplace as you are doing it for better productivity at work . There is nothing selfish about it.
* There are people who get irritated by the chirping of birds. It deprives them of their focus and thinking abilities. There is nothing wrong with it. You should have the freedom of shutting down the windows completely to not allow their noise hamper your health and focus.
* A particular shade of the wall can be uncomfortable for someone. It makes them restless and unproductive. Assert your bias regarding this as there is nothing incorrect about this.
You should inculcate the habit of analysing your thoughts and choices for a healthier future.
If you ignore these zones of comfort and continue to work or stay with constant conflict within your mind then you will have to pay a much larger price for this.
So give time to yourself, breathe and decide what bothers you in a workplace or study that hampers you from working and being productive!
-Written by Khansa(Intern at BoldBlush)
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE for the amazing content so that you will be notified whenever I put up a new post.