Indian parents are loving and caring ones.
But there are certain things, they just don’t get.
But they are changing with time, which is good.
Let’s have a look at that things-
1. Losing virginity before marriage-
You should save your virginity for marriage.
Yes, I do agree.
But if my husband comes out to be a devil.
Will I not regret my entire life?
Don’t connect my losing virginity with self-respect.
2. You can study from your phone-
They just don’t understand this concept,
That you can also study with your phone.
If you have a phone on your hands,
It only means you are on WHATSAPP :/
3. Without having proper dinner, you slept-
If you sleep just after having a snack,
You committed a crime.
A usual complete dinner is necessary before sleep.
4. Success not only counts a huge salary-
A person earning a huge income,
Is not necessarily satisfied or happy.
Why you connect it with money, success not only counts a rupee.
Also, it is not everyone’s priority.
5. All Indian people in the USA are not earning huge-
The USA is a lot costlier than India.
If you earn double or more than here,
It is not that they are ‘rich’.
6. Solo trip, what is that?
Travelling alone, with no one
Is what a solo trip is.
Alone, in unknown places, why?
Mommy- Why would anyone like to travel alone?
I- Because we like to spend some quality time with yourself.
7. Fashion/Photography can be a career option-
Anyone can click photos.
Fashion? What is that?
You can never earn a good income from these things.
Leave all these non-sense thoughts and study hard.
8. Right person matters more than right age-
We also agree with that, child.
But if you get old, you don’t get a good life partner.
‘Good’ means a young one.
9. A government job/MBA is not the ultimate option-
You just get a government job or you do MBA.
Then your life is settled.
No, mummy, I don’t want my life to get settled.
Because I like upthrust more than gravity.
10. Show-off is not important-
Why you don’t dress up like other girls.
You are studying in IIT,
At least maintain some dignity, of your college.
Me- Really, it makes any sense?
11. Oily food is not healthy food-
Me- I don’t want to eat oily food.
Mum- Yes, you like-pizza, momo, burger etc.
Me- I also like salad, steamed food etc.
12. Sitting idle is not a sin-
Why you are not doing anything?
Do something in your life.
See your cousins and friends, earning so well.
And you just spent a whole day on your laptop doing nothing.
13. Wasting money sometimes is not that bad-
Invest your money.
Save more, secure your future.
Yes, momma but what is the point of saving.
If I am not happy in my life because of the scarcity of money.
I am frustrated because everyone is enjoying and I am just saving each and every penny.
14. Some people like simple marriages-
Yes, I like a marriage with full rituals.
But, a simple one.
With only closed ones, who really care about my happiness.
15. Your children are not capable enough to crack IIT/IIM-
Believe it or not.
Every child is not capable enough to crack these difficult exams.
If your child is one of them.
Please, accept it and don’t make their life hell.
16. Unconventional Professions also needs hard work-
Earning a penny in this world needs a lot of hard work.
It might be a profession you like
Or you dislike.
Respect the people of other professions.
17. There is no authorized book for society rules-
Why I should follow social norms?
Show me a book having all these illogical rules.
You want to follow, great.
Don’t force us.
18. A hippy looking guy can be a good person-
Don’t just make assumptions, from the outer looks.
A person having a tattoo, or a cigarette in hand
Can be a good one.
19. Experimenting new things is not a time waste-
Why you just can’t do things,
That all others are doing.
Me-Because, I love to experiment with my life.
I found true happiness in that.
Thanks for reading.
If you like it.
Don’t forget to follow me for more such amazing posts. 🙂
Latest posts by Krati Agarwal (see all)
- Why taking care of Mental Health is Important in this Digital era? - November 14, 2018
- 12 EASY HOMEMADE SWEET RECIPES FOR DIWALI - November 9, 2018
- 9 Amazing Diwali Party Outfit Ideas - November 6, 2018